Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nashville Music Group Writers Nights - Nashville Palace

I thought I've been pretty busy these days, what with a number of writing projects going on and going out almost every night in the week checking out writers nights and other shows in support of many of my singer/songwriter friends. But I got to thinking, maybe I'm not half as busy as James Breedwell.

James hosts Nashville Music Group Writers Nights six nights a week: Mondays and Thursdays at the Nashville Palace from 6-9 p.m., Sunday at Pizza Pelon from 6-9 p.m., Tuesdays at Hooters in Hermitage from 7-10 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays at Chic-Fil-A in Hermitage from 6-9 p.m.

I went to two recent Nashville Palace writers nights and heard many friends and familiar names on these evenings. And of course, I also met and heard many new artists. Writers play about three or four songs each, with James opening the evening with a short set. When you walk in the door, you're not a stranger...James takes the time to warmly greet everyone who comes in. That's a nice touch. He also puts a lot of time and attention to the details of the evening and makes sure everything runs smoothly. James's focus is on giving writers and musicians networking opportunities and helping to perhaps make some dreams come true.

Some thought this was a joke, but it's absolutely true. Even though I would have liked to have gone to the Legends and Lyrics taping last Monday evening which featured Dwight Yoakam, I chose to come out and support my friends Brandon Maddox, Brian James and Sam Cooper. Hey, I have my priorities.

For more info on these writers nights, contact Pat at nashvillemusicgroup@yahoo.com .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wendy,

Hmmm...DY or SC, BJ and BM...? Hmmm...you're a great friend--I know I appreciated you being there, Monday night! Hope we made the choice a worthwhile one. Keep rockin' and writin'!

Sam